It’s conference season in the academic / information world, and we’re out on the road with the best of them. If you want to talk about increasing the reach and impact of your publications, check in with us at one of the following events:
- HighWire Publishers’ Meeting, Stanford, CA, USA – April 12th to 14th. Ann Lawson is setting out for a US odyssey to include this meeting as well as the two DC meetings listed below. Contact Ann if you’d like to catch up with her during her trip!
- London Book Fair, London, UK – April 14th to 16th – Charlie Rapple and Melinda Kenneway will be at Olympia (is there a Greek theme developing here?) – contact us if you’d like to schedule a meeting.
- Emerging Trends in Scholarly Publishing Seminar, Washington DC, USA – April 16th; as above, do let Ann know if you’d like to connect here
- STM Annual US Conference, Washington DC, USA – April 21st to 22nd; the final stop on Ann’s odyssey – do get in touch if you’d like to meet
- ARCS (Advancing Research in Scholarly Communications), Philadelphia, PA, USA – April 26th to 28th. Charlie will be leading a panel discussion on “the kaleidoscope of impact” – who is interested in what data, for what purposes; participants include representatives from Thomson Reuters, the Royal Society of Chemistry and Northwestern University’s Galter Health Sciences Library. This brand new conference has attracted a great audience of students, scientists, humanists, librarians, entrepreneurs, technologists, funders, educators, and publishers. Let Charlie know if you’d like to talk during the meeting.
- NORDP Research Development Conference, Bethesda, MD – April 29th to May 1st. We’re very excited to announce that we are sponsoring this event so look out for our table and poster! Charlie will be travelling straight to this one from ARCS and would welcome the chance to meet – let us know if you are attending!
- SSP Annual Meeting, Crystal City, VA – May 27th to 29th. Melinda, David and Ann will attending for Kudos – more details to come about the sessions we’re involved in!