It’s been another great year for Kudos – increased engagement, new partners, more integrations and positive results!
We now have over 75 publishers partnering with us to build usage and strengthen their relationships with and support for authors.
Meanwhile, we have over 120,000 researchers signed up and their activity levels have doubled in the last year, thanks to key website developments, campaigns such as #mobilizeresearch and support from our publisher and institutional partners.
Key highlights of 2016:
- The new Kudos field in the ScholarOne manuscript submission system was completed by 44% of authors during a pilot, and we’re now working to expand this approach to other pre-publication services!
- Hitting over 100,000 registered users on Kudos.
- A study by Nanyang Technological University revealed that using Kudos to explain and share published work leads to a 23% increase of full-text downloads.
- Our campaign to ‘Mobilize Research’ helped increase the number of publications being shared by more authors, ultimately helping to increase research visibility among a broader audience.
- We participated in our first researcher-based event – the American Chemistry Society Fall Meeting in Philadelphia. It was great to meet and speak with researchers from around the world and find out the different ways they are disseminating their research.
- We hosted a highly successful Author Educational Webinar alongside Altmetric, Thomson Reuters and ORCID.
- We expanded our board with new non-executive directors Jon Conibear, Dom Ely and Jan Maier, offering valuable expertise in publishing, research software and finance, and helping shape our strategy.
- New additions to the Kudos team! This year we welcomed Laura Simonite (Account Manager), Steve Smith (Institutional Sales Manager), and James Bloomer (Head of Technology).
As you can imagine, there is even more planned for 2017, ‘the year of user’ – and we hope to help even more research get found, read and cited!
A big thank you to all that have contributed to another successful year….