For immediate release, January 10th, 2017 –– Kudos (www.growkudos.com), the award-winning service for maximizing the reach and impact of research publications, has announced the latest publishers to join its service:
- Akadémiai Kiadó, a central European publisher, founded in 1828, of over 80 journals
- American Physical Therapy Association, publisher of the leading international journal for research in physical therapy and related fields
- American Society of Nephrology, the world’s largest professional society devoted to the study of kidney diseases
- International Anesthesia Research Society, the owner and publisher of Anesthesia & Analgesia, the leading clinical journal in the field
- Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group, the scholarly journals publication arm of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Mark Allen Group, publisher of 65 healthcare, education and business journals – a selection of which will be fully supported in Kudos
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists, which hosts the world’s leading collection of publications on applied geophysics.
“As researchers are presented with more and more options for communicating their work, a service like Kudos – which helps them to manage and measure those communications more effectively – is increasingly important,” says Tom Pollard, Content Development Director at Mark Allen Group. “We also appreciate that Kudos facilitates and encourages copyright-compliant sharing, and helps us as the publisher to surface, support and track the effect of sharing efforts.”
Jason Pointe, Publications Director at the International Anesthesia Research Society, adds, “Helping researchers undertake more proactive, better targeted promotion of research is a service area that we anticipate will grow over the next few years. We’re excited that by partnering with Kudos we are taking early steps to provide better support for our authors in this area.”
— ENDS —
+44 1865 872527
120,000 researchers have signed up to use Kudos’ free platform for managing communications around their publications – across multiple publishers and tools. They explain work in plain language and generate trackable links for sharing via email, web and social networks; these enable communications to be directly mapped against views, downloads, altmetrics and citations. Kudos thereby provides researchers, and their publishers and institutions, with a rich understanding of which channels and activities are most effective for broadening reach and impact. Kudos has over 75 publisher customers around the world, including Wiley, Taylor & Francis, SAGE, the American Society for Microbiology and the Association for Computing Machinery. Institutional customers include the London School of Economics and Political Science, Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Helsinki, and ETH Zürich. Recent analysis of Kudos data indicates that full text downloads on the publisher site are 23% higher when the Kudos toolkit is used. Kudos was named Best New End User Product at the 2014 Charleston Advisor Readers’ Choice Awards and won the 2015 ALPSP Award for Innovation in Publishing. It has been named in Outsell’s “Ten to Watch” for two consecutive years.