An exciting opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding team focused on providing an innovative online service for academic researchers, research groups, institutions, publishers, societies and funders. Kudos provides tools for planning and managing research dissemination to accelerate and maximize reach and impact. This multi-award-winning service has a global client base, including major publishers and institutions (such as Taylor & Francis, Wiley, SAGE, the Universities of Manchester, Helsinki, Stockholm and ETH Zürich), and 200,000 researchers and academics.
About this role
Kudos has approximately 100 clients across publishers, societies and institutions. We continue to expand our services, with new capabilities typically being researched, developed and tested within the framework of pilot projects. You will be responsible for managing relationships with pilot participants, and ensuring that projects are successful, in terms of capturing and applying the insight needed to shape our products and services, and ensuring that participants derive sufficient value from our service to make the transition from being pilot partners to being customers. You will continue to support research groups’ day-to-day needs as they become clients, and assist in the development of our strategies for their servicing and satisfaction. You will report to our Head of Academic Outreach, and be based in the main Kudos offices in Wheatley, Oxford. Evening / weekend work and travel may be required on occasion.
You will have a background in the university sector and a working knowledge of the research process and inherent challenges, from grant applications through to research impact. You will be organized, a self-starter, a people person, and a problem solver. You will have experience at probing for market / ethnographic insight, and synthesizing it to inform product strategy. You will be passionate and productive, experienced at juggling priorities, and creative in your approach to ensuring our partners are happy.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of our pilots with research groups
- Developing strong relationships with pilot partners and research group customers
- Setting project timelines and deadlines, and planning work accordingly
- Creating and maintaining project documentation including basic project plans and partner information sheets
- Organizing and executing activities and mechanisms for obtaining feedback from partners
- Compiling and circulating feedback, and ensuring it shapes product and service development
- Assisting in the outreach to and education of project partners and stakeholders
- Liaising with internal colleagues to report, explore and resolve client issues and propose / scope enhancements
- Supporting and contributing to the development of sales, product and marketing strategy
- Ensuring maximum partner conversion and client retention
- Using systems / tools such as SalesForce, Dropbox, Pivotal Tracker and One Page Project Manager to track people and progress
- Reporting to internal stakeholders on project progress
- Advising the Kudos leadership team on the health of our partner programs / client base, and ensuring that partners’ and clients’ needs are recognized and addressed at leadership level.
- Knowledge of the research sector, preferably as a researcher or in professional services in an HE institution
- Well organized, meticulous and result driven
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Confidence, ambition and self-motivation
- Computer and web literacy including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel
- Project management experience
- Postgraduate research qualifications and experience
- Market / ethnographic research skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Company pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Based in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40
- Good public transport links and easy parking
- Monthly pizza lunches
- Free fruit
- Start-up culture – dynamic, open, minimal hierarchy, a chance to really make a difference
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you’re right for this role, to:
Charlie Rapple, Sales & Marketing Director and Kudos Co-founder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 2 March 2018.