An exciting opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding team focused on providing an innovative online service for academic researchers, research groups, institutions, publishers, societies and funders. Kudos provides tools for planning and managing research dissemination to accelerate and maximize reach and impact.This multi-award-winning service has a global client base, including major publishers and institutions (such as Taylor & Francis, Wiley, SAGE, the Universities of Manchester, Helsinki, Stockholm and ETH Zürich), and 200,000 researchers and academics.
About this role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Kudos senior management team. This new role will help us build on and strengthen our relationships with research funders and institutions, all over the world. You will be responsible for identifying and developing our relationships with potential partners and customers, and for deepening our understanding of researchers’ needs in relation to dissemination, engagement and impact, both as individuals, and as members / leaders of research groups and departments. You will ensure that our services evolve in close alignment with these needs, and be the point person for Kudos within the research community, working closely alongside our founders and management team to engage with research funders, national consortia and other large research groups. You will report to our Executive Director, and be based in the main Kudos offices in Wheatley, Oxford. Evening / weekend work and travel may be required on occasion.
You will have a strong background in the research sector, with connections in universities across the UK, and ideally internationally too. You will be a respected and active member of the academic community, familiar with the challenges of winning funding and optimizing impact. You will be a natural leader, with the credibility to influence at high levels, comfortable in a fast-changing environment, with strategic foresight and excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Contributing to the development and management of the organization’s vision, strategic direction and culture
- Building a robust network of relationships with researchers, research funders, research councils, national consortia and other large research groups
- Nurturing awareness of and engagement with Kudos among this community
- Understanding the dissemination goals and needs of this community, and guiding development of Kudos’ features, to meet these needs
- Educating the community on best practice relating to the effective dissemination of research, and on how our services can assist them with their outreach goals
- Leading a program of pilots, across the UK initially, for our evolving dissemination planning and management service
- Working closely with a sales manager to identify potential pilot partners and customers
- Recruiting and leading a growing team of account managers and project managers
- Collating feedback at a high level to help us in our ongoing product development
- Knowledge of the research sector, preferably within a senior role in an HE institution or funder
- Passion for scholarly communications, research evaluation, and the changes taking place in these areas
- Experience managing a team – defining targets, measuring progress, and supporting individuals’ professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including explaining complex concepts simply and compellingly
- Computer and web literacy including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel
- Project management experience
- Postgraduate research qualifications and experience
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Company pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Based in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40
- Good public transport links and easy parking
- Monthly pizza lunches
- Free fruit
This position is now closed.