December 1st, 2015 — Kudos (www.growkudos.com), the award-winning service for maximizing the reach and impact of research publications, is pleased to welcome six new publisher clients:
- The American Thoracic Society (ATS), which publishes three leading journals in the areas of pulmonary disease, critical care, and sleep disorders
- Bentham Science Publishers, which publishes over 100 scientific, technical and medical journals and has an extensive library of eBooks in the areas of science, technology, medicine, social sciences and humanities
- INASP, whose Journals Online project helps to improve the visibility of developing country research; the Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka Journals Online platforms, which together host more than 300 journals from the three countries, are now partnered with Kudos
- IWA Publishing, which publishes information for all aspects of water, wastewater and related environmental fields
- The MIT Press, which publishes approximately 30 journals across arts, humanities, social sciences, science and technology
- Trans Tech Publications, which publishes 15 periodicals and 1 monograph series in the area of materials science and engineering (with articles available online as well as printed and ebooks).
Kudos now has over 50 partners for its Kudos for Publishers service, which provides insight into how authors are using Kudos, enabling publishers to better amplify, support and learn from researchers’ communications about their work. Diane Gern, ATS Chief of Journals, comments, “I am thrilled that the ATS has partnered with Kudos – I’m confident that our esteemed authors will find the software useful in highlighting and promoting their content.”
Melinda Kenneway, Executive Director of Kudos, will be speaking about researchers and reputation at the STM Innovations Seminar in London on December 2nd and David Sommer, Product Director, will be speaking at the Atypon Engage Europe Event in London on December 4th; get in touch if you’d like to meet either Melinda or David at either of these events.
-- ENDS --
+44 1865 875021
Over 70,000 researchers have signed up to use Kudos’ free platform for managing communications around their publications – across multiple publishers and tools. They explain work in plain language and generate trackable links for sharing via email, web and social networks; these enable communications to be directly mapped against views, downloads, altmetrics and citations. Kudos thereby provides researchers, and their publishers and institutions, with a rich understanding of which channels and activities are most effective for broadening reach and impact. Kudos has over 50 publisher customers around the world, including Wiley, Taylor & Francis, Cambridge University Press, the Royal Society and the American Academy for the Advancement of Science. The company is also working with institutions including the current and previous “UK University of the Year” (Universities of Birmingham and Huddersfield). Early analysis of Kudos data indicates that the existence of plain language explanations can substantially increase the likelihood of users progressing to read the full text of an article. Kudos was named Best New End User Product at the 2014 Charleston Advisor Readers’ Choice Awards and won the 2015 ALPSP Award for Innovation in Publishing. It has been named in Outsell’s “Ten to Watch” for two consecutive years.