An exciting opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding team focused on providing an innovative online service for academic researchers, institutions, publishers,societies and funders.
Kudos helps broaden the reach and impact of published works. This multi-award-winning service has a global client base, including major publishers such as Taylor & Francis, Wiley and SAGE, and 125,000 users in the research community.
About this role
Typical daily tasks include:
- Working with the product team to understand business requirements for new features.
- Building a new feature, with tests, working across the full stack of our product.
- Supporting our sales and marketing teams by answering queries with data analysis.
- Reviewing pull requests from the rest of the team, discussing the approach, design and detail.
- Pairing with another member of the team to resolve a production issue or a problem you have been stuck on.
The following attributes are critical to the role:
- At least a year’s commercial experience in using the tools and processes of modern software development: a couple of languages, source control with Git, an IDE or text editor and working within agile development processes.
- Ability to write understandable, fully tested code, always thinking about maintainability.
- You have shipped commercial software and have learnt something from that experience.
- Able to work independently making relevant technical decisions about your current task.
- Ability to communicate well with both engineers and other members of the business.
The following experiences would be really useful:
- Working with cloud providers such as AWS or GCP.
- Working in a devops environment.
- Creating a modern web UI.
- Using TDD as part of your development process.
- Working within a Continuous Delivery focused environment.
Salary and benefits
This is a full-time role with a salary of up to £30,000 pa depending on experience, and 25 days’ annual leave. Based in Wheatley, in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40 with plenty of parking. You’ll have your choice of a new Mac or PC and your choice of tools.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter to: James Bloomer, Head of Technology: email@example.com
The Kudos office:
The Kudos team: