About this role
The Customer Support Executive reports to Kudos’ Product Manager, and provides essential end-user support to researchers using Kudos. You will be the first point of contact for these end users, ensuring they have a positive user experience, and feeding back any potential improvements and developments to the Product Manager. You will have the opportunity to support and shape the services we offer to a wide range of stakeholders, including publishers, universities and academic authors.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, who enjoys problem-solving and helping others. You will need to be technically savvy, as you’ll use a variety of systems (training will be given).
The Customer Support Executive will be based at our Oxford office (62 Church Road, Wheatley, OX33 1LZ); remote working may be considered for the right candidate.
- Managing end-user support queries for authors using the online system, including pulling together any required reports
- Reporting any bugs and technical tasks to the Development Team
- Working with the Product Manager to create end-user support materials, and reviewing and refining the end user experience
- Reporting any potential improvements and developments to the Product Manager
- Working in conjunction with the Kudos Account Executive to make sure that user queries are answered in an agreed timeframe
- Ensuring related documentation is kept up to date and stored within our online repository.
Experience of publishing or academia would be an advantage, though this may also provide the right candidate with an entry into academic publishing. A degree is helpful in that it gives you an understanding of the academic environment. Your CV should demonstrate:
- Excellent written English and attention to detail
- Examples of:
- communication skills and experience
- problem-solving experience
- organizational skills
- customer support
- The ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- Confidence, ambition and self-motivation
- The ability to work well in a team, and by yourself
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for “getting the job done” whatever tasks are required
- Computer and web literacy, ideally including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Any database, mark-up or HTML experience
- Second language.
Salary and benefits
This is a full-time role with a salary of £18,000–24,000 pa, depending on experience, and 25 days’ annual leave.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you’re right for this role, to:
Lou Peck, Kudos Product Manager: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 28th November 2014