About this role
We are a distributed agile team operating 2-week sprints with a strong focus on test-driven development, so the ideal candidate has great communication skills and takes ownership of code and development.
We have a modern software stack comprising Chef, AWS EC2/S3/OpsWorks, Ruby Padrino (based on Sinatra), AngularJS, Sass, and are constantly looking for ways to improve the way we work.
The ideal candidate is always seeking to improve their knowledge and skills, and we’ll support that by sending you to conferences and providing access to relevant training.
The Full-stack Developer will be based at our offices (62 Church Road, Wheatley, OX33 1LZ); remote working may be considered for the right candidate.
- Ownership of feature development within the sprint
- Carry out internal investigations and reporting, including SQL reporting
- Debugging and fixing operational issues as they arise
- Continuous improvement of the code base
- Ad-hoc internal support of operations.
- Strong Linux terminal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to take ownership of features, bugs and other development
- Understanding of DVCS and GitHub for issue management and source control
- Experience of TDD/BDD
- Firm understanding of software engineering principles and web architectures
- An understanding of AWS, particularly EC2 and S3
- A focus on continuous improvement and learning
- Good SQL competence and experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Ops/DevOps experience, or an understanding of systems administration
- Experience of Sinatra and/or Padrino
- Understanding of system security principles and attack vectors
- Experience of AngularJS 1.2/1.3
- Exposure to AWS OpsWorks.
Salary and benefits
This is a full-time role with a salary of circa £50,000 pa, depending on experience, and 25 days’ annual leave.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you’re right for this role, to:
Ryan Brooks, Chief Technology Officer, Kudos: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 28th November 2014