An exciting opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding team focused on providing an innovative communications service for academic researchers, research groups, institutions, publishers, societies and funders.
Kudos provides tools for planning and managing research dissemination to accelerate and maximize reach and impact. This multi-award-winning service has a global client base, including major publishers and institutions (such as Taylor & Francis, Wiley, SAGE, the Universities of Manchester, Helsinki, Stockholm and ETH Zürich), and 250,000+ researchers and academics.
About this role
You will be a vital part of the commercial team, helping us to build our pipeline, develop our leads and progress our opportunities. This will include activities such as prospect research, customer data management, diary management, reporting, customer outreach, travel / accommodation booking, and fielding calls. The role covers all our customer groups and is based in the main Kudos offices in Wheatley, Oxford. Evening / weekend work and travel may be required on occasion to assist in managing events or meeting targets.
- You will be someone who likes throwing themselves into getting the job done, and who relishes flexibility in terms of what that job might be, from day to day!
- You will be a problem solver, ready to identify and take ownership of challenges, and methodical in your approach to unpicking and solving them.
- You will be extremely computer literate, to the point of actually enjoying figuring out how to build a tricky formula in Excel or how to construct a complex search query in Google. The words “pivot table” will fill you with anticipation rather than anxiety.
- You will be overflowing with common sense, happy to take decisions about the best way to sort things out, and able to take responsibility for getting things done.
- You will be super organized and a committed team player, adept at juggling priorities to achieve team goals, and keen to support colleagues in whatever way is needed.
- You will be a confident communicator, comfortable making relatively cold calls, with excellent written English, and familiarity with (or a readiness to learn) other communications media such as Slack.
Key duties and responsibilities
Identifying prospects / opportunities
- Web research to identify organizations that may benefit from Kudos services
- Analyzing and enriching conference delegate lists to facilitate prioritizing of pre-event communications
- Researching contacts via web and phone
- Assisting with email outreach to prospects
- Processing new sales leads
- Adding relevant information to SalesForce and ensuring it remains up to date
Assisting with opportunity development
- Assisting with organizing meetings and travel, including creation and updating of event diaries
- Using Kudos website reports to find relevant activities and good examples to showcase Kudos during the sales process
- Enriching and manipulating Kudos data (e.g. adding subject categories and pivoting) to provide up to date statistics for sales presentations (both internally and to sales agents)
- Filing signed client contracts
- Assisting in the maintenance of sales documentation
- Assisting with the research and writing of case studies
- Assisting in the creation, updating and distribution of sales materials
Intelligence and reporting
- Gathering / interpreting data and providing reporting to inform sales strategy
- Keeping track of sales targets and trends
- Cross-referencing with finance team / files to ensure consistent reporting of invoicing and other KPIs
- Assisting in the capture and management of competitive intelligence
- Suggesting sales process improvements.
Salary and benefits
- £26,000 – £31,000 depending on experience
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Company pension plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Based in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40
- Good public transport links and easy parking
- Monthly pizza lunches
- Free fruit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm, dependability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Examples of:
- focus and goal orientation
- proactivity and problem-solving experience
- organizational / multi-tasking skills
- proven productivity and ability to prioritize
- excellent written work
- Confidence, ambition and self-motivation
- Positivity and flexibility – ability to work under pressure, and a can-do approach to “getting the job done” whatever tasks are required
- Computer and web literacy, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SalesForce or similar, web search
- Basic maths and analytical skills
- Mid-level proficiency in maths and statistics
- Previous experience in sales-oriented role
- Knowledge of academic sector.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you’re right for this role, to:
Sales & Marketing Director • Co-Founder
Closing date for applications is 27 January 2019.