About this role
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director, this role is responsible for achieving sales of our new institutional service, which provides reporting and insights to help university libraries and research offices understand, amplify and support researchers’ communications around their work. We are looking for someone with proven experience of generating sales of a web-based service, working relatively autonomously, with experience of and connections in the scholarly communications sector.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with prospective customers to generate new business for Kudos products/services
- Promote and secure sales via this relationship-based approach
- Connect with prospective customers via telephone, web conferences, event-based meetings and in-person visits
- Demonstrate our products and services to potential customers, and discuss them in the context of customers’ needs
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for prospective customers
- Provide regular pipeline reporting to colleagues, and maintain contact / opportunity data (etc) in SalesForce
- Analyze market potential and determine prospective customers’ value to Kudos
- Research sources for identifying and prioritizing prospective customers
- Coordinate sales efforts and intelligence with colleagues in related business functions including marketing, product management, client management and accounting
- Identify advantages and compare our products/services with other market offerings
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas
- Supply directors with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Participate in industry shows and conventions.
The role will involve travel, which is estimated at 20% of your time.
- 5+ years’ sales representation experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
- In-depth knowledge of and contacts within the scholarly communications sector
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of new media, metrics and technologies (particularly those that relate to Kudos)
- Confidence, ambition and self-motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you’re right for this role, to:
Charlie Rapple, Sales & Marketing Director • Co-Founder email@example.com
Applications for this position are now closed.