An exciting opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding team focused on providing a new and innovative online service for academic authors, institutions and publishers.
Kudos (www.growkudos.com) helps researchers, and their publishers and institutions broaden the reach and impact of their published articles. This award-winning service has a global client based, including major publishers such as Wiley, Taylor & Francis, the American Association for the Advancement of Science and The Royal Society. Kudos has over 70,000 users and works with over 60 publishers, societies and institutions from around the world.
About this role
We are a small and friendly distributed team operating 2-week sprints with a strong focus on agile and TDD, so the ideal candidate has great communication skills and takes ownership of code and development. You will have the opportunity to make a direct and immediate impact on Kudos products and see the results quickly.
We have a modern software stack comprising AWS EC2/S3, Ruby, Padrino (based on Sinatra) and Angular, and are constantly looking for ways to improve the way we work.
This role reports to the Kudos Product Director, and will be based at our new offices in Wheatley, 5 miles East of Oxford just off the M40 (2a Ashurst Court, London Road, Wheatley, Oxford, OX33 1ER).
- Ownership of feature development within the sprint
- Carrying out internal investigations and reporting, including SQL reporting
- Debugging and fixing operational issues as they arise
- Continuous improvement of the code base
- Understanding of DVCS and GitHub for issues management and source control
- Good SQL competence and experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- An understanding of AWS, particularly EC2 and S3
- Linux terminal skills
- Experience of TDD/BDD
- Firm understanding of software engineering principles and web architectures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to take ownership of features, bugs and other development
- A focus on continuous improvement and learning
- Experience of Angular
- Ops/DevOps experience, or experience of systems administration
- Experience of Rails or Padrino
- Understanding of system security principles and attack vectors
Salary and benefits
This is an office-based full-time role with a salary of up to £50,000 pa depending on experience, and 25 days’ annual leave.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you’re right for this role, to: David Sommer, Product Director • Co-Founder email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 1st February 2016.
The Kudos Team: